Friday, May 1, 2009

Coconut cream pound cake.

There is cake, there is sissy cake, and this cake is definitely not for the dieting cake craving people. It’s rich, it’s delicious, and its calories pack but very yummy!
I have had a crazy couple of weeks with days of work well over the regular 8 hours. I found time to cook (As we should always eat fresh food and little processed). My slow cooker has been a savior and my husband a tremendous help. Anyhow, I felt like baking a cake and when I came across this recipe, I knew I had to bake it. I’ve warned all of you, this cake is not a light cake-ish thing, its heavy (It’s a pound cake after all) and people should not overindulge.



Ingredients

- 1 cup of butter softened (not melted)
- 1 package of cream cheese softened (I used light cream cheese)
- 3 cup of white sugar (Used Splenda)
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract (I love the African vanilla we brought home from our honeymoon)
- 3 cup of all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- 2 cup of unsweetened coconuts flakes.

How to?

1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour a 10 inch tube pan.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and the cream cheese until well blended. Add sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Blend in the eggs one at the time, then stir in the vanilla extract. Mix in flour and baking powder until just moistened then stir in coconut flakes. Spoon batter into the prepared pan.
3. Bake for 1 hour and 40 minutes in the preheated oven, until a knife inserted into the cake comes out clean. Allow the cake to cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto a cooling rack.
4. Once cold, add icing if you like. (Already rich enough for my taste!)

No comments: