Saturday, May 23, 2009

Asparagus salad with scallops and mango-chilli sauce


I am going away on business for the whole week next, so I won't be posting much. However, after I cooked my simple dinner tonight, I knew it was a winner and that I had to post it out here. It was fresh, healthy, simple and delicious!

Asparagus salad with scallops and mango-chilli sauce

Mango Dressing:

- 2 very ripe mangoes, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup Asian chilli sauce
- Salt and black pepper, to taste

For dressing, place mango, garlic, and vinegar in a blender. Puree. Add oil and chilli sauce and blend to mix. Season with salt and pepper. It would give you a lot of sauce. I am sure it would be good on grilled chicken or pretty much anything.

Asparagus

I quickly steamed them, and then grill them on the barbecue.

Scallops

I seared them, I had too small scallops to grill them and I felt like I wanted a little bit of that crusty butter taste on the edge.

How to:

Put the asparagus on the plate, cover with all the scallops you want and drizzle with the mango-chilli sauce.

1 comment:

shanti said...

Mmm, this one I'll have to try!