Friday, July 3, 2009

My husband birthday dinner

I know, I know, I haven’t post much lately… I have reasons though, I went in Vacation where I did not touch my blackberry at all and did not touch the computer too. No, I wasn’t in vacation for a month; I just spend as much time as possible with my husband before July. He is gone East for the Canadian Nationals (he’s a cyclist) and then he’s gone to Kingston, Ontario for the remaining of his army course (AOC). Basically, I will get to spent half an evening with him on July 9th and won’t see him until the 28-29, so it’s long and I wanted to spend as much time as possible with him before.

Here is what I made for his birthday. Pretty simple, but quite tasty!

Starter: Grilled Halloumi cheese on lettuce with lemon drizzle.




So simple, cut the cheese into portions, lightly dust flour on them, pan fry in a little bit of olive oil. Put on the top of some thinly sliced lettuce, add some red and green onions and drizzle lemon juice over. Very yummy!

Main: honey glazed pork loin with grilled zucchinis

Zucchinis: slice in a half lengthwise, score, add a little bit of butter and grill on the BBQ.



Pork loins



Ingredients

• Pork loin
• 1/3 cup soy sauce
• 1/3 liquid honey
• 2 tablespoon chili sauce
• 2 garlic cloves

Method

Mix all the ingredients together. Put meat on BBQ, brush with the mixture several time through the cooking. Enjoy!

Dessert: light dark chocolate mousse martini with fruits.



Ingredients

• 1/2 cup boiling water
• 2 teaspoons powdered gelatine
• 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
• 4 eggs, separated
• 1/3 cup caster sugar

Method

1. Combine water and gelatine in a jug. Whisk with a fork until gelatine has completely dissolved. Stir in 1 1/2 tablespoons cocoa. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
2. Using an electric mixer, beat egg whites in a large bowl until soft peaks form. Add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until meringue is thick and glossy. With mixer on high speed, add egg yolks, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
3. Slowly pour gelatine mixture into egg mixture (make sure mixtures are both at the same temperature before you combine them), beating constantly until well combined. Spoon mixture into 6 serving cups. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until set and chilled. Dust with remaining 2 teaspoons cocoa. Serve.

No comments: