Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Scallop Feast

So… I haven’t posted in a while… I’ve took pictures and “wanted” to post with the recipe but I must say that I have neglected few things in my life and this blog has been a part of it.

My workload has significantly increased over the last few weeks and I have taken my training up a notch, so blogging has been on the back burner.

This meal was an epic scallop feast! My friend and I went for a long trail run and I managed not to kill him with the effort. I really needed to reward him and I know he enjoys food and he seems to love my cooking.

Jumbo scallops with salad and organic raspberries vinaigrette.



Dry the scallops with paper towel and lightly season with salt. I am in love with my Himalayan pink salt so I used it. To cook, you need a very hot pan with a little bit of olive oil and butter (the butter should not brown). Sear the scallop by cooking about 2 minutes and a half each side.

Organic Raspberries Vinaigrette


You can buy at any groceries store, or better: crush ¼ cup of fresh raspberries, add olive oil, lime juice and a dash of vinegar. Work like a charm!

To really feast, we needed another scallop plate.

Lemon pepper shrimps and scallops skewers



Put scallops and shrimps on pre-soaked bamboo skewer, sprinkle with lemon pepper spice. Cook on the BBQ at low heat and drizzle with lemon juice just before serving.

To finalize a feast!

Captain Morgan Spiced Rum and brown sugar glazed pineapple




Cut the pineapple in chunk, soften the brown sugar, add rum, add a little bit of butter and mix until runny. Cook the pineapple on the BBQ on low heat while brushing the fruit with the mixture until there is no mix left.

No comments: