Thursday, April 16, 2009

Crockpot apples, raisins and beef curry

I was looking for an easy Crockpot recipe the other day as I knew I was going to do a 60+ hours week and I wanted to have some healthy food ready for my husband to eat. I really don’t want him to survive on frozen corndogs and burritos when I work like crazy.

I had been browsing for about an hour when I stumbled upon this recipe. For the record, reading food blogs for an hour is my way of relaxing and day dreaming. Anyhow, the title captivated my attention, my husband wanted curry, and I couldn’t help but be drawn to this recipe since it had apples and raisins in it.
I think it would be better if I was to add more curry paste in it. I am a pretty mild person but I could have had this curry a little bit more fierce.

Apples, raisins and beef curry


- 2 pounds beef round steak or lean stew beef in cubes (I think this recipe could be done with any meat)
- ½ of all purpose flour
- 1 table spoon of curry powder
- 2 garlic cloves (I put 4 heheh)
- ½ cup of raisins
- 1 cup of chopped onions
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and sliced (I diced)
- 2 teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of pepper
- 1 ½ cup of beef broth (I ran out so I used chicken)
- 1 tablespoon of masala curry paste

Preparation



Combine the flour, curry powder, salt and pepper. Coat the meat cubes with the flour mixture. Place beef in Crockpot. Add all the other ingredients and stir gently to blend. Cover and cook on low setting for 8 to 10 hours. Serve over hot cooked rice.



Mildly yummy. Could be adapted, it may be only ok because I changed so many ingredients…..

No comments: