Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Spaghettis’ mania

I love pasta, I can have pasta as side every day; however, I don’t – because my ass would never forgive me. Pastas are an easy quick meal on week nights when you have a busy day. I am tired of buying pre-made food and I also would like to avoid the expense of buying something not so good for me.

I am not so much the tomatoes sauce and herbs pasta lady; I love my sauce to have some meat and vegetables. Once again, I browsed on my fairy book (my mum recipes) in order to find her spaghetti/lasagna sauce recipe. I had a good 8 big tubs of yogurt filled with the sauce, ready to be frozen for use on a busy night with no inspiration for cooking (if that ever happen).

Super simple meat spaghetti sauce

- 1 lbs of ground beef
- 1 lbs of ground pork
- 1 big onion (diced)
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 1 small can of tomatoes paste
- 1 medium can of tomatoes sauce
- 1 big can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 or 2 cups of diced/sliced carrots
- 1 or 2 cups of diced celery
- 1 or 2 diced green pepper
- 2-3 pack of mushrooms (sliced – to add 30 minutes before the end)
- 1 bottle of chili sauce (Heinz the best!)
- 3-4 bay leaves
- Parsley
- Oregano
- Basil
- Italian spices
- 1 tea spoon of worcertshire sauce
- 4-5 table spoon of HP sauce
- 2-3 drop of Tabasco (more if you like it spicier)
- 1 tea spoon of sugar

Cook the meat in a big (I mean BIG) pot. Once it is cooked, drain the fat. Put back on the heat and add everything but the mushroom. Let simmer for 4 hours and at the 3:30 mark, add the mushrooms.

Don’t forget to stir regularly!


Sprinkle Parmesan on top and you're in heaven!

No comments: