Thursday, September 17, 2009

Spinach and Strawberries salad

I have been taking pictures of my food, cooking and baking a little bit less than usual, but I still do. I figured I have been a really bad foodie blogger lately.

My husband is doing the Hawaii Ironman in October (vacation for me!!) and he told me he needs to lose some weight before. He has always struggled with his weight (so does most of his family) and I wasn’t a very good wife. Us French, loves to use butter, cheese, cream and extra rich ingredient. The obesity rate is a lot lower than in America and I think that even if our food is decadent, we just don’t eat as much. There might be an entire tray of delicious cupcakes in front of us, we’re only going to have one.

Anyhow, I’ve tried to include more vegetable in our alimentation (if at all possible, we’re already having ¾ veggies each night ¼ proteins.) As a side, for the remaining sunny day, I’ve made a simple, but delicious spinach salad.

Spinach and Strawberries salad

- Spinach
- 3-4 thinly sliced strawberries per serving
- A handful of shaved almonds
- Few crumbles of herbs goat cheese feta

Vinaigrette

- Lemon juice
- Drizzle of olive oil
- A crack of pepper (surprisingly, pepper goes really well with strawberries)



Put everything together and enjoy!

No comments: