Saturday, September 19, 2009

Honey glazed pork chop

When BBQ season was coming up, after we all cried for hot dog and burgers, the next thing we were asking my mum was for her delicious honey glazed pork chop. Pork is a rather cheap meat (depend on the cut) and contrary to the preconceived idea, pork should not be cook through and through. There was some history of disease, but the Canadian pork that is available everywhere right now doesn’t have a hint of disease so it is perfectly safe to eat it pink.

I am still struggling with cooking steaks on the grill. I love mine rare and the problem is: I always overcook it. I don’t know why, but I do not have this problem with pork. So the other night, when I had to cook (In exchange for my husband to put together my new bike) I decided to make my mum honey glazed pork. So simple, as usual, I’ve modified the recipe a little bit so that it has more garlic.



Honey glazed pork loin (changed the cut too)

- 4 pork chop (or loin)
- 1/3 cup liquid honey (used the organic one from the Calgary farmers market, has more of a “earthy flavor)
- 1/3 soy sauce
- 2 table spoon chili sauce
- 4 crushed garlic cloves

Mix everything together and brush the meat with the mixture until cooked and no mixture if left.



It truly has a great flavor. You could also marinate meat overnight in this. (but do not use to glaze)

No comments: