Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Slow cooker Beer and maple ham

So… I have this killer recipe where I change the taste by changing which type of beer I use. I think it’s a perfect recipe when it’s getting cold outside and you like tender meat. Another thing I like about this is that you have to use a cheap ham to do it and it yield food for an army, well unless our friend Skeet’s coming over.

Beer and maple ham

Ingredients
- 1 ham with the bone in. (Sometime, they’re so discounted its ridiculous!)
- ½ cup of maple syrup (If you cannot find maple syrup, I think molasses, honey or corn syrup would do)
- 1 beer (that is where the fun is, I usually use Guinness, but we were out of it so I used a Trois-Pistole from Unibroue)
- 1 tea spoon of dried mustard
- 1 onion chopped into chunks
- Salt and pepper

Throw everything in the slow cooker and cook on low for 10 hours. Enjoy.



I am so sorry the pictures do not show how yummy this is.

No comments: